Bedfont Scientific Ltd
Our customer had developed a handheld breath monitoring device that measures the concentration of hydrogen in exhaled breath in order to indicate gastro-intestinal disorders.
The challenge was to develop software that would interface to, and synchronise readings with the device, with the ability to control the timings of readings for a number of tests being run in parallel.
With BioMedical's help we now have fully commissioned units in over 55 countries worldwide, with thousands of people benefiting from the use of the Gastrolyzer productTechnical Support Manager, Bedfont Scientific Ltd
We developed a standalone .net Windows based application with a number of features that included:
- Automatic detection of a connected device and real time data capture
- Data synchronisation between device and patient database
- Ability to run 10 tests simultaneously with individual timers and parameters
- Custom test protocols that can be configured for use on the device
- Support for multiple languages
The software ensures efficient management of patient information and has an intuitive interface with an interactive help system. It produces professional patient reports, including charts.
The ability of the software to manage multiple tests running in parallel reduces the cost when used in a clinic and the software has made using the device much more efficient, thereby adding extra value to the device package. The addition of a multiple language facility has greatly increased sales potential.