Lascar design and produce an “EasyLogCloud” range of WiFi-enabled data logging sensors.
They needed help developing cloud-based services for collecting and analysing the data from the devices. The team at Lascar provided the specifications and interface designs, allowing us to concentrate on the code and database scripts.
BioMedical’s wide-ranging expertise has been invaluable, and helped to place us at the leading edge of a demanding market.Managing Director, Lascar Electronics
We developed a system that is hosted on cloud services and includes:
- A PC software application that allows users to set up their devices and associate them with a cloud account
- A service that communicates with all active devices and logs data at regular (user defined) intervals
- A web app enabling users to monitor the status of their devices, view alerts, events and analyse historical data
- A service that monitors when a sensor is in alarm state and sends out email alerts
- A RESTful API enabling other developers to create their own applications
We had previously designed the software architecture in a way that would accommodate new devices as they are developed and the cloud components are now an essential part of the EasyLogCloud product range. They turn data logging into a multi-user, global service with live updates and analysis tools including the ability to graph and export the data in a variety of formats. The cloud servers also allow for rapid scaling up of resources as needed. We have also been able to set up copies of the system for distributors with comparative ease. We are pleased to be continuing to develop the service into the future.